PDA

View Full Version : Drinking fluids...

Level103
09-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Can anyone feel fluids going down the esophagus and falling into the stomach, when they drink fluids? Like it seems to be lining my stomach, or cooling it down or something. Think it is connected to my acid reflux.

Thoughts please...

featherweight
09-20-2006, 06:19 PM
I have had acid reflux for years and have been on Prilosec for 9 years. I am having a flare up now and yes, I can feel cold water going all the way down. It can actually makes me feel nauseous for a few seconds.

What is bothering me the most right now is that I feel so hungry about an hr after I eat. It's such a gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach. In the morning when I wake I am STARVING, eat cereal and then feel nauseous again for a little while and it all goes away. But then I get so hungry again. I am eating a little ALL the time just to feel OK.

This happened last year and Dr. said to discontinue the Prilosec and go to Pepcid 40mg at night. I also tried Nexium but had stomach pains from that, or at least I think it was from it. It is supposed to be very similar to Prilosec but stronger? Anyone know the answer to that?

Do you think I might have an ulcer? I don't have any insurance at the moment so getting a scope isn't an option unless an emergency.

pearlyqueen
09-21-2006, 03:16 PM
It might be all too obvious but could it be that some of us are too hypersensitive in relation to our bodies. It seems to run right through my side of the family. We feel discomfort where others experience exactly the same functions but don't think anything of them. Applies to IBS, reflux, feeling our heartbeats, tinnitus, even floaters in the eyes. A sort of irritable whole body syndrome - more sensitive, too aware of our systems working. That's daughter's theory anyway.

With my husbands side, they don't seem to feel extremes of temperature or humidity the same way or even recognize when they're tired, along with not suffering any of the above complaints. Just less sensitive - lucky to be that way.

I recognize that trickling fluid thing while drinking. Always think it's my insides feeling tenser than usual when that happens. Maybe it's because when we are stressed, body heat leaves the extremities as blood diverts inside to feed our organs ready for action, so would make sense that fluid would feel cold against that extra heat.

Probably all wrong. Usually am. Expect there's a medical explanation we haven't come across. Must google more!

mskubic
09-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Hi

I don't know if anyone can relate but even before I had GERD basically all my life I have been able to feel cold fluids go down my throat. I thought that was normal