PDA

View Full Version : protonix

Vividangel1984
09-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Has anyone been on protonix? My doctor prescribed this for me. Just wondering. Oh and I really don't want to do an endoscopy. I'm too chicken and she wants me to do it..blah

taape
09-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Yes, I'm taking Protonix. I just reduced from 2 pills per day to one without any problems. The biggest problem I'm having with this and previously with Aciphex is nightmares and weird dreams. I was scared to have an endoscopy also but did it. For the most part I was out but just remember them starting it. plus the spray in the throat ahead of time-yuck. The surgery report said the procedure only took 2 minutes, they didn't see anything wrong.

jsharp29
09-23-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm on the Canadian version (Pantoloc). I take it twice a day with no problems. It seems to keep the reflux in check.

ASantee
09-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Has anyone been on protonix? My doctor prescribed this for me. Just wondering. Oh and I really don't want to do an endoscopy. I'm too chicken and she wants me to do it..blah

Having an edoscopy isn't that bad...I just had one 3 days ago. The worst part for me was the stuff they spray in your mouth to numb your throat...but it was just seconds after that when I went to sleep and I don't remember anything after that. I woke up and couldn't believe it was over. I didn't have any problems afterwards besides being sleepy. I just slept off my drug haze at home. My Doctor was checking to see if any damage had been done to my esophagus and to see if I had a hiatal hernia. Everything looked good and no hernia! :D Although it seems scary going in, it really does put your mind at ease, and atleast you know if there is a problem or not. It took away a lot of the stress I was having "wondering" what was going on in my stomach and if something was seriously wrong. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat! Good luck and let us know what you decide to do! :wave: