PDA

View Full Version : Apple Cider Vinegar??

sam061
09-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Hi,
I don't understand how one can drink Apple Cider vinegar to counteract
the HCL in ones stomach as a cure for Heart Burn or Gerd.

Mixing an acid with and acid would not neutralize, but increase the amount of acid. From my perspective it would make heart burn worse which would do nothing to prevent acid reflux. Can someone explain this to me? Also, does this work for everyone? - sam

Mike137100
09-30-2006, 05:53 AM
I have read that Acid Reflux is actually caused by lack of acid not excess. I know sounds crazy. There is an explanation for it. If you search ACV and Acid reflux you will get the answer. I been on it for less than a week. I have noticed a difference. I am not completely cured but seem to be having less discomfort.

megobeme
09-30-2006, 06:43 AM
My father drinks it for the same reason and masks the taste by mixing it with apple cider. He drinks it all the time.

patfield
09-30-2006, 12:44 PM
I tried the apple cidar vinegar and honey remedy but I got alot worse. I had to double my dose of Nexium afterwards just to get back to feeling OK again. I think it depends on whether your acid reflux is caused by too much acid or not enough acid.

pohaku
10-01-2006, 12:48 AM
How the world you get Acid Reflux if you have too little acid in your stomach. May be they should start a new forum call Acid Deflux.

wakkochic17
10-04-2006, 07:32 AM
you don't get reflux from too much acid.. you get reflux because the LES doesn't close off properly to prevent the normal stomach acid from getting up into your esophegus. Some people may have low stomach acid which may cause indigestion when eating.. which then can cause heartburn. for these people the vinegar may work by aiding in digestion. For me it made my throat burn (even when dilluted) and did not help my heartburn at all. For me I think it's just that my LES doesn't work.

sam061
10-04-2006, 10:51 AM
I am almost postive you are correct. The first couple of days it seemed to work, but yesterday, my wife had to run to the store to get Mylanta. And also, my esophagus burned when I drank it.

For over a year now I often cough up a table spoon of phlegm after eating. I did a search on the intertnet concerning this and could not believe the number of people having this problem. I seem to do better when I eat my meal at a slower pace. Thanks for responding. - sam

janx
10-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Hi all,
Question?? I just bought apple cider vinegar. It is unpasturized, unfiltered and organic. I could not find one that said raw. Did I get the right thing or not? And once again somebody tell me the ratio to use. How much vinegar, how much water? Thanks.
brenwill123

sam061
10-05-2006, 09:30 AM
I had stated it wasn't helpiing me, but I tried it again yesterday and I put some Equal in it and it did help me all day long.

Anyway, you got the correct vinegar. Raw and unpasturized is the same thing.

It should tell you on the side of the bottle, but mine says 1-2 tps in 8 0z of water. If you don't use a sweeter, it will burn when drinking. - sam

backslide05
10-05-2006, 01:31 PM
i use a couple tablespoons in bottle of water, and add honey, tastes pretty good and goes down smooth, no burning, but I learned the hard way.
i think it helps and is good for your health in general.

janx
10-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Thank you so much, Sam. Wish us luck.
brenwill123