PDA

View Full Version : Back Pain with GERD/LPR?

Mike137100
09-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Does anyone suffer either upper back or lower back pain when their reflux acts up? I notice I get pain in my lower back when I am awaking in the morning. Pain is usually in my stomach but seems to radiate to the back. I also notice in the morning while driving to work I feel a burning pain in my chest that radiates to upper back between the shoulder blades. It is very annoying. Just want to know if I am the only one that feels this.

Americanchica27
09-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Nope..that doesn't really happen to me. I do suffer from Acid Reflux (GERD), but back pain does not usually occur with it.

backslide05
09-30-2006, 04:20 PM
i don't often get pain in my back but have on occasion and it's usually lower back right about where the kidneys are.
I have acid reflux (LPR) and stomach issues, food sensitivities so have had pains in back and chest from gas?? don't really know but can certainly relate.

IamNancy
10-02-2006, 04:50 PM
I have burning pain in my back all the time.... It really is painful. I was just diagnosed with Barrettes Esopagus (last week)... and had buring pain in my chest.. now I am on Nexium twice a day and it helped the chestpain now I hope that starts to relieve that back aches..

Paulk
10-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Mike,

You are not alone. I feel the same too..
I am taking Prilosec OTC and it helps very little bit.
Nexium works better for me , but my insurance company won't pay for it.
Hope you feel better.

tm3912
10-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Mike,

Absolutely, I have Gerd and often feel a burning pain in chest with the pain radiating to the back. I have had the nuclear stress test and they tell me it's not my heart, so I am convinced the GERD and back pain are related. this happens on a daily basis and makes it hard to do anything other than to sit quietly. I have been on Aciphex for the last 3-4 weeks and I think it is finally starting to help.

Good Luck