PDA

View Full Version : Very worried need some help Please

brokenspirit
10-02-2006, 04:34 AM
hi , I am scheduled for a punch biopsy today at 2:00 my Dr. suspects melanoma. I am worried. I have had these spots as I call them for over 3 years now. and they go deep into my skin. the first on came up on my stomach about 3 years ago, then one came up on my forarm, now there is one on my wrist and I found 2 on the back of my right leg and 1 on the back of my left leg , now I have 2 more coming up on top of my right leg. They are growing fast! The one on my left wrist about a month ago was about the size of a match head now it is the size of the tip of my middle finger it has trippled in size in a month. the one on my for arm is the one they are doing the punch biopsy on. It has been there about 2 years now and has grown considerably . It is raised and has bumps in it and then a hard knot under it that you can pick up with your fingers, as a matter of fact all of them do. It is brownish red in color, my dr. said she thinks it is melanoma but not sure. I am extremely worried about this . I don't know if I should just skip my dr. and go to another one that specializes in this or what. either way I am worried.
what if it is cancer and it has spread like this? It is like whatever it is has shot through my entire body. I am also a diabetic so she thought at first that it might be something from that but now she doesn't. I need some help here I am going crazy with worry. I have 2 children and I would like to see them grow up. oh by the way. I found lumps in my armpit and also in the bend of my knee and one in my left breast. And if that isn't bad enough now they say I need a hysterctomy! I am just 38, and this is too much to cope with at one time. please I need help!

momoside
10-02-2006, 07:28 AM
hi
First of all, are you going tp a dermatologist today for the punch biopsy? I would take one thing at a time. The lumps sound worrisome to me so ask your doctor about them asap. Melanoma, if caught early, is curable. Let us know how the appt is today.
Hugs to you

westllen
10-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi. Deep breath.....

I understand your worries. I had a hysterectomy when I was just 36, it is now 11yrs later and I am still here:wave:

As for the spots, can I assume your dermatologist is doing the punch biopsy? My derm just cuts the area that is there. Pathology will speed thru if they suspect a Melanoma, at least that has been my experience.

Take one thing at a time.

Make sure you get blood work down too.

keep us posted, I will be thinking of you.

brokenspirit
10-03-2006, 03:12 AM
no its not a der, it is my reg dr. No I did't get to go I had to work and no one to fill in for me. like I said it has been 3 years on one of the spots and 2 on another . the ones on the back of my legs I have no Idea how long they have been there at all. I accidently found them. I have diabetes and legs don't feel too much in them. but the one on my wrist has just been there a couple of months and it has already quadrupled if not more in size and is still growing very fast

momoside
10-03-2006, 05:17 AM
Please see a derm. asap. I think calling in sick is warranted. It is very important you take care of this asap. Keep us posted.

westllen
10-03-2006, 12:18 PM
I agree, call in sick and get to the dermatalogist ASAP.

Keeps us posted.

brokenspirit
10-04-2006, 03:54 AM
I care for an elder lady with alzheiers, she is bed fast. they have 3 employees and if one of can't be there then one of the others normally fill in . Right now none of the others can fill in for me so I am just stuck. I really don't know what to do, I am worried and confused. I feel like my whole life is in slow motion right now and it is going out of control. It is like I am outside looking inside. I know what I need to do, it is just having time to do it. Oh I found another spot coming up on my breast but this one is different color than the others. this one is gray with a black spot in it. I don't know I feel helpless right now.

marymk
10-04-2006, 06:54 AM
We have a derm that will take Saturday appointments - maybe you can make some calls and find one who does, or if you explain your situation, they may be able to see you in the evening.

Good Luck

Mary

momoside
10-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Hi
I am very concerned for you. Please get this taken care of asap. I mean today if possible. I agree. I am sure there are derrms open in the evening and/ or Saturdays. Some even on Sundays. Get that punch biopsy. It can save your life.
Haley

brokenspirit
10-05-2006, 04:28 AM
the nearest derm to me is over 45 miles away. I live way back in the mountains. My dr. can't see me again til november 11. all we have hear are small clinics and if you get seriously ill they have to fly you out to hospitals away from here one is 175 miles away and the other is about 90 away. the hospital that we have that is 8 miles away is a joke. the surgon did a gallbladder opp on a friend of mine and cut her bile duct off now she has to wear a bag the rest of her life. they told my husbands uncle that he had scar tissue from pnemonia(spelling) and he was ate up with cancer. so see I am facing a losing battle

westllen
10-05-2006, 06:28 PM
This worries me. The sooner you can get a biopsy done the better it will be for you. I wish I could help. Please keep us posted.

brokenspirit
10-05-2006, 09:02 PM
I called today and I go thursday at 3 to have it done. did anyone else have to have stitches? they said I might because it is so deep and I am diabetic.

westllen
10-06-2006, 06:05 AM
Yes, stitches were needed each time. I'm glad you have the appt. Keep us posted.

Good luck!

lovemy2girls
10-12-2006, 03:58 AM
I go today at 3:00 for my biopsy everyone please hope everthing is going to be alright. and please pray for my chihuahua she is so sick and I'm afraid she is dying and I can't deal with that right now. she is my baby. she is one of the reasons that i get up every morning. isn't that sad. but she is my best friend.

momoside
10-12-2006, 06:45 PM
How did the biopsy go? How is your dog? I know how you feel about your baby. They are a part of the family. Let us know how things went. Did you change your screen name?

lovemy2girls
10-13-2006, 05:27 AM
yes I changed names I went dsl and deleted the dial up before I went and got my password. dog is fine didnt get to do biopsy they changed my appt to nov. 3rd. its hard when you don't have insurance doing this stuff. they called yesterday and changed it. I just really feel like i am getting a run around now. I just have to wait. thanks for asking about cookie. she seem to be doing a little bit better now.

westllen
10-13-2006, 07:32 AM
See if they can put you on a call list if someone cancels an appt.

Glad Cookie is doing fine. Stay on top of this, you need it checked out, please keep us posted. ;)

76blazer
11-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Hi...I don't know if you read my post about my brother who recently passed away from Melanoma or not....But, I want you to know that the dr. who diagnosed my brother wasn't an oncologist or a derm. He was a dr. who works at a community health center. (He is the BEST dr. on the face of the planet by the way.) Anyhow, I would recommend getting to ANYONE who can help you. It doesn't have to be a derm. Anyone who will look at you right now should do. Just have someone look.... Don't let the insurance company or the medical field decide for you. You know your body and obviously something is wrong....Please DO NOT wait. If you are worried about insurance, I would recommend figuring out a way to pay it later....PLEASE see someone right NOW....It could save your life.....I wish you luck, and I am not trying to scare you-but, what I recently went through with my brother would make anyone get their checks NO MATTER WHAT.....!!! Read the post about: "Story about Melanoma" so you can realize how serious this can be...Please get help....Do not let them put you off....DO NOT Worry about the bill....Please get checked....Best of luck and please let us know how things turn out.....