PDA

View Full Version : aciphex and bad dreams

viblakah
10-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Is anyone else on aciphex and having bad dreams all night long? I am about at my wits end with this. If so, have you switced meds and what did you switch to. I take aciphex twice a day for my lpr. Thanks, Lori

neddy
10-04-2006, 08:19 AM
I was taking Prilosec and the Pepcid Complete. Both gave me bad dreams all night. Even when I stopped taking them it took me a week before the bad dreams stopped.

dannic1
10-04-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm on Aciphex, but I haven't noticed any bad dreams. I was on it for about two months and then stopped and re-started. However, just recently, it seems like it might be causing some nervousness. I stopped it for a couple of days and the nervousness seems to have gone away. Strange, because I don't remember it making me nervous the two months prior. Anyone else noticed this symptom? I did read where it can possibly cause you insomnia.

danni

linda36
10-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi - I had terrible nightmares when I was on Prilosec otc. I switched over to Aciphex because of this and still had nightmares (not as bad as when on Prilosec though). Prilosec OTC caused me to have panic attacks and wierd thoughts for about a week after I stopped it. Aciphex didn't work for me so I started Prevacid today - I hope i have better luck with the nightmares. It might be a side-effect of all PPI's though.

neddy
10-05-2006, 06:49 AM
Whats sad is I have the bad dreams (and nervousness) with anything I used for reflux. PPI's, H2's and antacids. Thats why I have to get rid of it soon.

taape
10-05-2006, 05:04 PM
I had nightmares and bad dreams everynight while on Aciphex 2x/day, then I switched to Protonix 2x/day and still had this. I was at my wits end also after 5 months without any restful sleep. I went down to one Protonix a day taken in the morning and it's much better although I still have weird dreams every night but nightmares only once in a while.