PDA

View Full Version : Aloe vera juice?

Ol'Line Rebel
10-09-2006, 12:04 PM
I have a very nice co-worker (whom I hardly ever see now) whom I run into maybe once a year. I know he has a tendency toward "alternative" aids.

So, when I whined about my reflux, he suggested aloe vera juice sipping. Said it apparently healed up his esophagitis and doesn't hurt anything.

I am taking Nexium as well as Zantac, and also now taking Reglan (I have just found out I have gastroparesis).

Has anyone heard of using aloe vera for reflux? I hardly hear mention of it here. Also wondering if it has any reaction with any of the drugs I'm taking?

backslide05
10-09-2006, 03:53 PM
I guess you could say I have the alternative mind set, and have used aloe vera juice and currently take the capsules.
I has helped me with my digestion, constipation, and internal hemmorhoids more than anything else. I don't know if it would be helpful for reflux but I take it anyway because I think it has helpful and healthful properties.
I've had better results with natural things than with meds and am continuing to try the natural or alternative treatment rather than the meds which only treat the symptoms and not the actual problem.
It might not hurt to give it a try and see if it helps you.