PDA

View Full Version : drowning?

Mvhrt
10-17-2006, 06:29 AM
I suffer from pretty bad acid reflux and I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had acid in their lungs when they were sleeping. Last night I woke up gasping for air and then finally i coughed up acid. I think what happened was that it came up while i was asleep and instead of swallowing it I inhaled it. It's happened to me before but not for a long time. Any input?

spider37
10-17-2006, 07:12 AM
yes i had breathing problems with my acid reflux my reflux was severe i had to use an inhaler at night to be able to breath you could hear me weezing trying to get air

smurfy33
10-17-2006, 05:22 PM
That same thing happens to me and has happened on and off for years. It is very scary waking up choking like that. I try to avoid eating for a couple hours before bed and I try not to sleep on my stomach. I'm glad to hear that someone else has experienced this, too.

aussiegirl7
10-18-2006, 11:02 PM
have you tried putting the head of your bed up with two bricks each side. This sometimes stops the acid from coming up.

ssborrow
10-19-2006, 07:03 AM
I have had that happen t me as well several times. It is the scariest feeling ever.