PDA

View Full Version : Simply Smooth?

KJHChemist
10-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Hi:

I was wondering if anyone out there had given the new low acid coffee, Simply Smooth, a try. And if so, has it been easier on your stomach?

Thanks,
Karen

viblakah
10-24-2006, 07:37 AM
I've tried it and it's not bad. Definitely not as good as the real thing, but it didn't seem to upset my stomach. Celestial seasonings has a herbal tea called honey vanilla chamoimile. I've been drinking this instead lately and find that its agreeable with me. I have lpr and was soooooooo sick of water,water,water.

KJHChemist
10-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I understand that. And if you like coffee, then giving it up can be hard.

IamNancy
10-25-2006, 03:32 AM
I miss my coffee... have tried simply smooth and it was good but I got the buring after it. I think any coffee is not agreeing with me right now.. had to switch to tea and its just not the same.

JOG1151
10-25-2006, 05:42 PM
I tried something called Teeccino...it's not bad with a little cream and sugar.

Prior to the AV, I really only drank 1 cup of coffee a day...it wasn't so hard giving up the coffee as it was having something hot in the morning.

The coffee was definitely aggrevating my AV so I gave it up...the Teeccino is working for now.

I found it at a the Whole Foods supermarket.

IamNancy
10-26-2006, 04:16 AM
what is teecino? is it a tea?

JOG1151
10-26-2006, 04:55 PM
what is teecino? is it a tea?

No, not a tea, or made withy coffee beans. It's made with Barley, Chicory root, almonds, figs, orange peel...perhaps a few other ingrediants, but DEFINITELY NO Coffee Beans....No Caffeine....

I was never a big coffee drinker....but I did like having something hot in the morning....I tried Decaf, but that upset my reflux as well.

I brew the Teeccino in my coffee maker, just the way I used to brew my regular coffee...

As I said before...with a little cream and sugar, it's not bad...they also have flavored Teeccino....I believe Vanilla Hazelnut was one that I saw...I found this product at Wegman's, but I believe if you go on the Teeccino website, that there is a Store Locator...good luck!

IamNancy
10-27-2006, 03:16 AM
thanks for the info :)

KJHChemist
10-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Now there's an idea. I gave the Simply Smooth a try, but it's just not sitting well with me. And that is rather unfortunate. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I do like the taste. And it's something nice to have in the morning. I wonder what it is in coffee that is so hard on us (since even decaf doesn't work).
-Karen