PDA

View Full Version : cant burp

paxy
10-24-2006, 07:00 AM
I have been experiencing difficulty in burping. I felt that I needed to burp and I could not. Felt so uncomfortable that I felt i was going to faint. Felt like there was a lump in my throat. Any idea why it happened?

Bonnye1
10-24-2006, 07:11 AM
HI, I am new to this forum and I am so glad I found it. I have ALL kinds of problems. I cant burp either. I feel like my chest is going to explode. And then I well up in my stomach. DR. said it is gas. Try beano and change diet. Hope it works.

paxy
10-25-2006, 08:58 AM
what is beano? is this life threatening? will i faint?

Inge Jones
10-29-2006, 02:25 AM
I thought that was happening to me too, but I think I worked out it's not really a burp trying to come out but some pressure in the lower oesophagus that's giving the same sensation as a burp forming would. Then if we are tempted to swallow air to get the burp out, it just fools us into thinking it was a burp anyway.

paxy
10-30-2006, 06:15 AM
how do you cope with it?

Lore
10-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Hi Paxy,

I have GERDS and I deal with the same issues you do, but just recent I started taking Gas X the gel capsules so the the pressure or bloating goes away and because the more pressure i have inside my body the dizzy do i get and feel faint and so by taking Gas X or Beano you can start feeling the difference and you start burping and feeling better. You may want to try beano too it helps so much as Gas X you can find this at your local drug store.

Shgar
10-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi,

You can't burp and I can't stop burping. (LOL)

I have had several episodes of acid reflux that were pretty awful, kept me awake at night, heart palps, chest pains, etc.

My best advice would be see a doctor (assuming you have tried the over the counter stuff and it doesn't work). Hopefully, they can give you some medication that will help you. I have taken aciphex with good results that took between 1 and 2 weeks to deal with my syptoms.

After I was healed, I try to watch what I eat, not eat too late at night, and eat lots of yogurt. Yogurt helps me a lot. It contains l. acidophulus and l. bifidus, which are good bacteria that are normally in your stomach. There are other good bacteria as well in your stomach and intestines. You could also try some digestive enzymes from a health food store.

The last two times I had acid reflux, it was cause by taking antibiotics, which wiped out all of the good bacteria in my body. I wonder why the doctors handing out these meds don't tell you to take digestive enzymes to counteract what the antibiotics are doing? I guess they are not very well trained in nutrition.

Good luck!