PDA

View Full Version : Very discouraging

neddy
11-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Right when I think I'm better the acid reflux comes back. I'm very discouraged. When I think I have stuff that is working and I'm feeling pretty good I end up with a day like today where my chest hurts and burns and getting reflux in my throat. I didn't do anything to make it come back today, my diet was good, under no stress (unless you count sex). Very strange how this works. Will try a very bland diet for next few days, see what happens. I really don't know what else to try except that I am not going back on PPI's.

oldman21
11-13-2006, 06:44 AM
Hey Neddy,

Try a shot a lemon juice with your next meal, or when you just get heartburn. I had EXACTLY the same thing, my doc figured out I had LOW stomach acid - not too much. He said most of us have this problem. I guarantee it will fix your HEARTBURN in 10 minutes. If it does not, just keep some rolaids handy. I HATE prescription meds after I found this out. Try to find a doctor who does NOT like to give you the latest stupid pills that give him a kickback.

chikkie14
11-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Hey neddy what makes you hate PPIs?

neddy
11-15-2006, 10:02 AM
PPI's and H2's give me nightmare's every night. I don't know why and I don't know how to stop it from happening. I was doing good for awhile but now the reflux is back big time, coming all the way up to my throat like it use to do. I don't know how to beat this thing.

arihalli
11-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Oldman..........when you say that the MD gets a kickback on giving out pills - are you saying that he is paid or remunerated in some manner by Pharma?......i am just curioius because i never suspected it of any of my MD's....they seem to be genuinely caring people.....i am not saying you are wrong but wonder if you know it for a fact so i can adjust my perception.......and also thanks for the tip on lemon juice - i will give it a try.....

oldman21
11-15-2006, 08:08 PM
hey arihalli,
Last weeks editoin of USNEWS and World report had a whole article on AMGEN cancer medicine. Did you know that the Oncology department is the only department that sells you the drugs (they dont' send you to a pharmacy).

They get HUGE kickbacks. The drug companies have salesmen visiting doctor offices every week to give "free samples" and kickbacks to the doctor. Remember, he is also a busienssman and generally drives a porchse or a mercedes.

search the net. Did you know the FDA is controlled by ex-pharmecutical executives? Its the biggest scam on the planet. HUGE HUGE HUGE!

Sorry I can't type this pisses me off too mucha a.dfmf fa sdf:mad: :mad:

Ol'Line Rebel
11-16-2006, 10:09 AM
And pharma stuff is backed up by real research. And it is also highly controlled so they know exactly what's going in; the products are consistent and thus, less dangerous (or rip-off).

FDA (much as I hate how they won't allow so many things) is made up of pharma people - big surprise! People who know something about chemistry and research. What people are supposed to be working there?

Sorry, but naturopaths are making mucho $$ hawking their products, with no research involved (= bigger % profit, if you think profits are bad). They also sell products that aren't guaranteed to be consistent, so you could buy 1 set 1 month of correct concentration, then next month get ripped off by it being too weak, then next month have it too strong. I don't see how they are different from people selling magical liniments 100+ years ago off their wagons.

If they worked consistently, you'd bet the doc's would be moving it. Makes no business sense to avoid things that make them look good.

oldman21
11-17-2006, 07:36 AM
I'll admit that many medinces work well.

But if the drug companies are so good to us, why do they purpously create drugs and sell them that they KNOW are dangerous. Remember the VIOXX scandal in Congress? Yeah, they KNEW they were killing us and they did not care because its a business.

how about the fact that you have to get a prescription for birth control from your doctor? It just happens to be the latest (and patented) most expensive form: Orthoclase or whatever. Its god aweful expensive. But birth control has been around for over 40 years. In other countries, its CHEAP! I have been all over South America and birth control is VERY cheap.

How about "ACID REFLUX DISEASE". IT wasn't a disease until they invented a drug to cure it. Isn't it amazing how we have all these NEW disease and NEW drugs to cure them? RIght on TV? YOu NEVER hear about a new disease until they invent a NEW TREATMENT! (But the treatments NEVER cure it, they just treat it FOREVER!, like this board!)

If the Doctors and the FDA is so good, why are we getting SICKER and FATTER every year? Did you know that men have 50% chance of getting cancer and women a 30% chance. Look around buddy, 50% of the males you KNOW will get cancer! Go to the American cancer society website and check it out for yourself. We are all FAT FAT, 65% of us are fat, and 30% are overweight - government stats. And why ? Because we eat crappy food. And who's in charge of governing Mcdonalds and Burger King? Guess who? The FDA

And if we did get a cancer cure, what would all those people at the American Cancer Society do for a living? did you know that THERE IS NO cancer or Heart disease is many small rural cities in the world? (out side of the US of course). I have been there - they are in the Mountains of Peru. There are many others.

You will see many many more lawsuits against big pharmecuticals and congress tightening on the FDA. The only reason is because of the internet. Millions of people are figuring this out.