PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I am worried that i have Skin Cancer after Rhinoplasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaBoy19
11-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone... :(

im so nervous and worried and i cannot sleep after reading some information online..

i had rhinoplasty in August and my surgeon noticed one of my nostrils was obstructed by some excess skin near the nasal floor inside the nose......this madethe nostrils appear a bit uneven so he did a skin excision.and removed the excess skin

about a month after the surgery i noticed that there was a pimple on the excision site..

i didnt mess with it at first but it got to be kind of big so i tried to squeeze it with a cotton squab.

eventually it popped a little bit and a little bit of pus came out although i could tell the pus wasnt all out ... couldnt get the remainder of it out due to the fact that it was inside of my nose in a hard to reach spot.

after the pus came out

it would scab and then the scab would fall off and then it would be normal for about a week and then it would again form into a pimple

it is now november and ive been dealing with this issue for 3 months now. the pimple seems recurrent. its already formed pus about 4 times or more..

worried i went online and typed in "pimple cancer"
i read online that recurrent pimples in the same spot could be a sign of skincancer???

i am very worried about this, is it possible that skin excision could cause skin cancer?????

i cannot ask my doctor because he is out of the country

momoside
11-20-2006, 07:49 PM
hi. Maybe you just keep picking it so it does not seem to go away? Go see a derm and find out for sure.

gardenandcats
11-21-2006, 07:44 PM
It needs to be looked at. Go to your doctor,

applekiss
11-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Since you didnt get out all the pus the pimple will stay there and can come back many times. It doesn't seem like cancer and it seems to soon to develope it after surgery. Go to your doctor see what they think. They usual give you antibiotics and cream to use at first before they do any skin scrapings to test for cancer or any xrays. It probably got a little infected after surgery and picking at it doesn't really help.