PDA

View Full Version : actinic keratosis

iluvwv
11-26-2006, 05:40 PM
:confused: I have ak on my face, arms, leg. This has been going on for two years. They have done a biopsy on 2 of the lesions and it had not yet turned into cancer but it is precancerous. I have had 8 of them treated by freezing 2 times in the last 2 months. For 1 month before that I used a steriod cream plus tried various other prescription creams. What's next? Why won't it go away? I feel like a monster.

lovemy2girls
11-29-2006, 03:50 AM
I know how you feel mine is called granuloma annulari or something like that and they want to do steroid shots directly into them. one is on my eyelid and it bothers me bad. it is growing bigger and they said it is nothing to be concerned with. but it is my body. my dr. thought at first it was ak then it started growing so did biopsy . then she had me scaird to death saying she thought it was melanoma. I dont know what will make it go away but I wish it would too

iluvwv
11-29-2006, 03:36 PM
I have spent a fortune in make up to try and hide the places. The best thing I have found is Revlon Color Stay Blemish Concealer. The darker the better. It has medicene in it too. It covers really well.