PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned?

kb9ljx
12-04-2006, 01:07 AM
During a GP visit for headaches and vertigo almost 2 years ago, the doc noticed a mole on my back he didn't like. He scraped it out and biopsied it...transdermal nevus, I think was the diagnosis (no concern).

About a year ago, I had a cyst in my nose drained by a plastic surgeon. While I was there, I pointed out a mole on my chest that was bothering me a little. Because of its color gradient and scaliness, he removed it. Also negative for melanoma.

Since then, it seems like several of my moles have changed. They've become scaly or raised, or even gone "underneath" my outer layer of skin. Most of them are on my arms, so I see them frequently. Also, a rectangular-shaped mole has appeared on my palm, about 1mm x 3mm. It sort of looks like the Chevrolet emblem.

I came to this board to ask if I should have them checked, and judging by most of the posts here, I should have a long time ago. Now I've read a thread about melanoma where the woman's brother had it metastasize into his lymphatic system and kill him in 45 days. Last week, I had a lymph node swell up...and it's still swollen. As far as I know, I didn't have an infection anywhere, so I don't know why it would have expanded like that.

How worried should I be? Do I need to rush to the doctor?

westllen
12-04-2006, 05:47 PM
I would make a dr appt and get the moles checked. EVERYONE should get this done yearly.

I know it's easier said then done, but try not to worry until something comes back malignant. And even then, be proactive.

So, tomorrow make the call ;)