PDA

View Full Version : How late is considered too late?

G8r4evr
12-16-2006, 06:26 PM
I keep reading how early diagnosis is key with melanoma, so Im wondering....generally speaking, how late is too late? Are we talking months? a year? several years?

Cheryl~

bjsy
12-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Hi,

I think it all depends on what you have and what stage it is in. As with any kind of cancer the sooner you get it treated the better off you are. Cancer spreads throughout your body if left untreated and that is what can kill you.

bjsy

Gram4
02-01-2007, 05:43 PM
It's never too late, better to go early but my husband had melanoma 1V, V you're gone. Would have died in 5mo but they operated & it's been 18yrs he's fine.

Ladypepper
02-01-2007, 10:53 PM
It is not an exact science. Every case is different. I was diagnosed with an Clarks level V - Breslow 3.5 (just found out it was actually 5.0) which put me at a Stage IIB. I can honestly say that I could have caught this MUCH earlier had I paid attention. I know of at least a year that it was progressing. But there are other cases with Clarks level and Breslow much less than mine and they are stage IV... It is really hard to predict with melanoma. Be vigilant and something isn't right and you are worried, get it biopsied.