PDA

View Full Version : Shave biopsy today....

G8r4evr
01-04-2007, 03:40 PM
I had a shave biopsy (was expecting a punch) but when I got to the office, the nurse just shaved the top layer of the mole off of my upper abdomen. The nurse didnt seem concerned, but I have read many stories over the last few days where the Drs didnt think it was melanoma and it turned out to be. I am reeely reeeely scared and just praying for the best. She said the results could take 2 weeks but that she would call me as soon as they get in.

momoside
01-04-2007, 04:50 PM
i heard that a shave biopsy is when they do not think it is melanoma or at least very small and not as invasive. I would call the office on Monday and see if they can get results faster. 2 weeks is a crazy amount of time to wait.

m1e1b1s1
01-11-2007, 06:41 AM
I've had 2 shaves done, don't worry too much, as another poster said, they tend to shave when they don't think it's serious, BUT could be something...I was fine...I've also had 3 dermatofibromas removed from my left leg/foot...one had to be done twice, but I am fine...

I got very scared, but I've had several pretty serious scares over the past 8 years, and have learned that I need to wait and see, rather than go out of my mind with worry!

G8r4evr
01-11-2007, 02:22 PM
I had my biopsy on 1/4 and called to check on the results today and still nothing =(( I am going crazy with worry and now Im starting to wonder if the fact that it is taking so long means that it is bad news.

Im so not looking forward to waiting and wondering for another weekend.

Ladypepper
01-24-2007, 07:25 PM
A shave biopsy is done a lot because people do not insist on punch biopsies. Just for the future, you should always insist on punches. A shave biopsy will distort the mole so that it is harder to watch in the event is atypical and not excised It also doesn't give a true reading on the depth.