PDA

View Full Version : Deep Skin Biopsy

Ralinda30
01-13-2007, 09:24 PM
I had went to the dermatologist on Thursday for a first visit about some severe dandruff and some acne, since I am in my 30 and have been dealing with this since my teens I am ready for it to be gone...anyways, I told him I had a couple of moles I wanted him to look at...I have had them for I know over 12 yrs...Anyways the first mole on my toe he said he wasn't to concerned even thought there was an arm coming off of it, but it was all one color..He said take a pic and keep an eye if it gets any bigger..He said let me see the other ones, well I proceeded to flop the breast out and he said OH that is one ugly looking mole and he put his glasses on and turned on the bright light, than he said can I see the other one.I turned over let him see the one on my back and same reaction...He said they are really ugly looking and said they needed a deep biopsy that day before I left..I said okay.
Next thing I know he is bringing in another doctor and says I wanted you to see this before i biopsy so you will know what it looked like before..The other doctor agreed that it needed to be checked..Well, need less to say I have a hole in my breast a littler larger than a pencil and about 1/8 of an inch deep and my back is as big around as a nickle and about the same depth..He would not stitch it up incase I had to come back for additional surgery...And the Doctor that came in to look would auctually be the doctor doing the surgery since my doctor is only there twice a month...This is navy doctors...Know I am scared one why did he bring this other doctor in to look before he removed them, and 2 whe didn't he stitch them up? Everyone is telling me that he probably is expecting melanoma and is expecting me to have additional surgery..Does this sound right...I had the deep biopsy on Thursday and they told me to call tue or wed for the results..I thought it took longer...I am so freaking worried...Now i have this big holes in my tit and back and I am sitting here waiting for an answer...I am scared to death.....Ralinda

G8r4evr
01-14-2007, 10:06 AM
I wouldnt worry about him bringing another Dr in to consult with. I actually wish my Dr had done the same. I ended up going to another office for a 2nd opinion. Consider yourself lucky that your results will be back so soon....I had my biopsy 11 days ago and am still waiting =( Try to keep in mind, odds are that everything is fine, but regardless, I would take comfort in the fact that your Dr is being proactive =)

Ralinda30
01-14-2007, 02:08 PM
I wouldnt worry about him bringing another Dr in to consult with. I actually wish my Dr had done the same. I ended up going to another office for a 2nd opinion. Consider yourself lucky that your results will be back so soon....I had my biopsy 11 days ago and am still waiting =( Try to keep in mind, odds are that everything is fine, but regardless, I would take comfort in the fact that your Dr is being proactive =)

You are right, I am happy he had another Dr come in and see before the removal.....But, I found out today that my brother had a melanoma removed in November went in and they removed some more tissue but everything was great after that he has to return every 6 months for a check up but my grandfather had this and died from it in 89..I knew he had cancer but I never knew it was melanoma, so that is just something that makes me more concerned....I hope your results come back soon and That they are okay...Thanks,Ralinda

G8r4evr
01-14-2007, 07:38 PM
You definitely have a history of melanoma in your family, but the good thing is that you are taking action. I do not know my birth fathers family history, and not knowing makes me incredibly nervous. Here's to hoping that we both get good news soon!

Take care!

ascott1975
01-15-2007, 02:24 PM
I know it's really hard but don't worry until you have something to worry about. I had Stage 1B Melanoma on my arm in September. I had to have surgery and a sentinal node biopsy done and everything came back clean. I just met with an oncologist and had a PET scan done to make sure that it hadn't spread anywhere and that came back clean as well!!! I spent WAY TOO much time crying and thinking I was going to die and everything turned out to be fine. Please try not to worry. The mole I had on my arm has been there for ever- but I noticed it start to change over the summer. Just keep praying and let me know of your results. If you have ANY questions please email me back. I know this website really helped me when I was going through all this.

bjsy
01-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi,

I melenoma, stage 1, back in July and the doctor did not stitch up my biopsy. He said it would heal ok by itself if it wasn't cancer. It was about the size of my small pox vacination scar ( I am 48 and have one of those!).

But since I had the melenoma my scar is much bigger, but it is a scar and not cancer so I am ok with that! I would think that if it is melenoma, or even any type of cancer they will call you instead of you having to call them! Good luck and keep us posted!

Becky

Ralinda30
01-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Well, I called today for my results and they were complicated nevi....Yeah:p I am soooooo happy and relieved....Good luck to everyone....Take care, Ralinda:wave: