PDA

View Full Version : Efudex- again..in so much pain

anxiousinnj
01-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi fellow former sun worshippers,

I am on day 14 of Efudex for my entire face. I did my chest & back in October. Today is my last day but I honestly don't think I can put another drop on my face-- I am one big red oozing itching mess.
and on top of that I have a horrible head/chest cold. Ever try to blow your nose when it is covered is sores. I haven't been out of the house in 10 days.
I'm a mess. My hair needs to be colored & I can't imagine when I can go to have that done since these sores are right up to the hair line.
Someone who has used Efudex please remind me that this will go away !!

And after this heals I have to have a re-exision on my nose of a spot that came back "possible" squamous cell". There's just no end to this....

thanks for listening

apesb
04-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I am on this board as a patient and a person of empathy. Are you seriously complaining about your comparatively luxurious treatments/COLD/needing to DYE your hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS 75% of the population (including my family) are just glad they are living. They do not complain about having reconstructive or plastic surgury, because that is not an option for them!!!!!
Not because they do not work hard or do not have health insurance... It is literally inaccessible to most people!! I'm sorry, but geeze.

Hi fellow former sun worshippers,

I am on day 14 of Efudex for my entire face. I did my chest & back in October. Today is my last day but I honestly don't think I can put another drop on my face-- I am one big red oozing itching mess.
and on top of that I have a horrible head/chest cold. Ever try to blow your nose when it is covered is sores. I haven't been out of the house in 10 days.
I'm a mess. My hair needs to be colored & I can't imagine when I can go to have that done since these sores are right up to the hair line.
Someone who has used Efudex please remind me that this will go away !!

And after this heals I have to have a re-exision on my nose of a spot that came back "possible" squamous cell". There's just no end to this....

thanks for listening