PDA

View Full Version : worried about melanoma

beach8411
01-26-2007, 11:40 PM
All my life I have had some moles on my skin. In the past I have had a few moles removed, and all the biopsies came back benign. To me it seems like as I have gotten older (now i am 25) i have gotten a lot more moles. Lots of moles. Particullarly on my chest, stomach, and back. I don't like them but it would be a huge undertaking to remove them all and also very expensive. I try to watch my moles for changes, but now its almost to the point that I have too many to keep up with. The last few times I have been to the dermatologist I have felt that he has not been very thouro when he has examined my body. First of all, I wonder if anyone can tell me why I am blessed with so many moles, and also what should I do about this situation?

G8r4evr
01-29-2007, 02:55 PM
I am 27 and facing the exact same situation. I have moles every where, but mostly on my back.

I went in for a spot on my back that wouldnt heal (after 2 years) and it came back as Basal Cell. Since then, I look at every mole on my body as a potential melanoma. I had the most worrisome one (to me) biopsied last month and it came back okay and I plan to have one more biopsied next month. The Dermatologist basically told me that there is no way to biopsy every mole on my body, so we just have to take a look at the few (that appear the most odd) and keep a close eye on the others.
Best of luck to you. I will keep you in my thoughts =)

tekberg7
02-03-2007, 06:27 AM
I can totally identify. I have moles all over and especially on my back and stomach, chest,etc...I've had 3 removed since I was 16 and they came back normal too. But not having health insurance and the price of doctors today I have not had them examined in 3 years. Theres just so many of them I cant keep up, so I worry too that I may have cancer and not know it yet. Plus my mother had skin cancer 5 years ago due to a mole on her back and is now in remission. Could it be heritary too????