PDA

View Full Version : Melanoma question

Gap2007
02-02-2007, 08:49 AM
My husband goes this Monday to have some moles removed from his back. The thing is they are different colors and when you push on the one mole, this causes excruciating pain in his back and around to the front of his abodomen. He has been in excruciating pain for months and especially these past 6 months...he is on vicadin, and flexerall and this just seems to keep his pain tolerable. I am very concerned that it might be cancer...any ideas? Would he have symptoms like this if this is melanoma and it has spread?
I would appreciate any insight and advice

Ladypepper
02-02-2007, 03:53 PM
I have never heard of anything like that. Possibly the mole is near a nerve or something... How large is this mole? I wish I could help you but I have never heard anything like that. :confused:

My melanoma caused considerable pain, but it was not a mole really. It would swell and would throb as if it were full of blood... and pressing it hurt. But I am not sure if that is similar to what your husband is having.

Keep us posted - I am hoping for a simple solution for you all.

Gap2007
02-02-2007, 04:40 PM
His is not like that...the mole that I'm talking about is larger than a pencil eraser, it's flat, it is black and tan and it's not perfectly round...so I'm not sure either...anyone have any ideas?

westllen
02-03-2007, 07:37 AM
Is it inflamed???