PDA

View Full Version : Tanning without getting freckles and moles

Rian C
02-12-2007, 05:31 AM
I hope this is the right place to post this. :(

I'm working on getting a tan and I want to know when at the beach or the pool, what is the best way of tanning without getting too many freckles or moles? Not only because I don't want cancer but because I think they look nasty and don't really want to worry about surgical removal. I know sun lotion is good to prevent this, but will it stop me from getting a tan?

Keep in mind I don't really want to buy spray on's every few weeks. Any help will be great!

Ladypepper
02-12-2007, 05:08 PM
There is NO SAFE TAN. Period.

Rian C
02-15-2007, 07:41 AM
But is there a way to tan without getting so many freckles and moles? Like mabey using certain lotions perhaps?

bjsy
02-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I agree...if you are laying out in the sun there is no safe tan. But you could use the self tanners that are on the market. I have even seen the places springing up all over town that offers the spray on tans. These look good and they seem to be safe since you do not have any exposure to harmful rays.

Becky

KyWildOne
02-15-2007, 09:05 PM
The spray on tans look great once you have mastered them but it gives you a false sense of already being tan in the sun, but keep in mind you will still burn and NOT get any darker.

Moles and freckles are going to show up with the tan, that is just part of the trade off.

Get your spray on tan, and then slather yourself with sunscreen when you are out in the sun. This is really the only way to NOT get the freckles or moles but also have the tan color.

Isis498
02-27-2007, 07:01 PM
My best suggestion is to read the Melanoma thread. :rolleyes: