PDA

View Full Version : tingling skin

sonj186
03-01-2007, 08:27 AM
hi there, i have a tattoo on the back of my left shoulder ( got it about 10 years ago) which keeps tingling it feels like it is crawling up my back! obviously my husband has had a look and dosent think there is anything there, could it just be something to do with the tattoo or something more serious! if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

sonj:confused:

Ladypepper
03-01-2007, 12:35 PM
I have not ever heard of a tattoo tingling 10 yrs later. I think you are safe from it being skin cancer, from a tat anyway. I really have no idea what could cause that, if it concerns you, you might want to talk to your derm about it. Maybe you have developed a reaction/allergy to one of the colors. I have heard of that, but it is usually discovered right away. If there is a mole there or one that has come up since the tat, you probably should have it checked.

Seraph
03-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Have you been on holiday? If you have had a fair bit of sun on it, the skin can dry a bit and a tiny shrinking can happen. That may cause the skin to feel "crawly". Rub moisturizer on it and massage it in a bit (husband job :)) .
Cheers

sonj186
03-02-2007, 08:16 AM
thanks for that, i think i will have to have a closer look!

sonj