PDA

View Full Version : Moles Growing Back?! - Please Help!

*Robin*
03-12-2007, 09:24 PM
I posted this over on the Skin Problems forum, but I thought I would post here too.

I had 2 moles removed in December. 1 came back fine, and the other came back “abnormal”. My dermatologist recommended that I have a plastic surgeon completely remove the abnormal mole. I am still waiting for an appointment with him.

During this time, I notice some “freckling” or something on both moles. The one looks like it’s almost grown back, and on the other it’s a small brown spot, like a freckle.

My question is, is this normal? Should I go back to the dermatologist?

Thanks in advance for your help!

pugluver31902
03-12-2007, 10:17 PM
I cant speak for the abnormal mole, but I have had several moles removed and two grew back. My doctor told me it wasnt uncommon. I had them removed again and the biopsy showed they were benign.

Ladypepper
03-12-2007, 11:28 PM
It is not abnormal for a mole to grow back if it wasn't completely removed. If it was a normal mole - then I would not worry too much about it. The one that is abnormal (atypical?) I would personally have biopsied again. Being that is was abnormal - gives it the potential to change into cancer... NOT likely - but possible. So just to be safe - since growth is considered change, I would have it checked. But that is just me - I am very cautious now. lol

PugMama
03-28-2007, 08:14 PM
I, too, had a mole removed a while back. I think it was removed about 3 years ago from my cheek and it grew back. It's been fine but the past couple days it was a little puffy. Tonight when I got out of the shower, I touched it and blood squirted out of it and all over the mirror. I really know I need to get to a dermatologist quickly but changed health care plans and don't have my old one on my list of covered physicians.

I know this is definitely a bad sign. Any advice or help?