PDA

View Full Version : Symptom List, Unknown Diagnosis. Please Help.

Ivoryz00
04-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi. I've written several times on this website over the last year 1/2. Most people have been very helpful and sympathetic with my illness. In spite of several attempts with doctors I've never been ''truely" diagnosed with anything yet. Someone mentioned I should try posting my symptoms on the General Health forum, so I figured why not. Here they are....

-chronic nausea (no vomitting)
-poor appetite
-lack of thirst (especially water)
-weightloss
-lightheadedness
-memory problems
-concentration difficulty
-mild flank pain underneath both sides of rib area
-constipation
-frequent heart palpitations (PVC's; premature ventricular contractions)
-shortness of breath
-cold sensitivity

I was first diagnosed with gastritis, but my doctor said it would've been healed by now if it was due to prescribed meds. Next, it was Chronic Fatigue Syndrome because I had a bad bout of mono 3 years ago. Then, it was Addison's Disease. I've had two 2 seperate doctors test me fot AD, and both came back negative. However, I had one test that showed my aldosterone- hormone levels were low, along with my serum amylase levels being elevated (personally, I feel those two are connected with my symptoms somehow...I could be wrong). My primary doc thinks it's all pschological, and prescribed anitdepressants. It may very well be, but I'm still not convinced it is.

I've had a bone marrow biopsy exam, fortunately, it came back negative. I've had STD test, and those came back negative as well.

If anybody has any thoughts or opinions about my symptoms, please share with me. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

ticker
04-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi Ivoryz. I suggest that you have your thyroid tested. Thyroid disorders can cause many of the symptoms you have. Ask to have the Free T3, Free T4 (besides the T3, T4) and thyroid antibody tests done in addition to the normal panel. These are all blood tests. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view. If you need help interpreting your results, the people on the thyroid board at this site are can help.

If you have not done so, I also recommend having your iron and ferritin levels checked.

bweb
04-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Hmmmm.

I have had those symptoms, and had similar tests, too.

I went from Dr. to Dr. and finally to a naturopath...he diagnosed me as having a Candida problem...I craved sweets and carbs, like bread, etc.

Turns out, my body is getting sick on them, causing fatigue, dizziness, constipation, etc. Please check into this problem. It could be your salvation.
BWEB

ashley84
04-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I found with myself that sometimes each individual symptom has its own cause. I used to get mysterious random itchy rashes on my skin, dry skin, and dry hair. Turns out it was the chemical ingredients in regular skin products. I switched everything over to all natural (including shampoos) and those problems are gone. My other causes are all dietary though. I'm gluten-intolerant, lactose-intolerant and hypoglycemic. My diet has to be extremely strict or I get VERY sick. I have to eat every 2-3 as well... which means on average I'm eating 8-10 times a day.

I would have never made the connection to it being my diet. I also noticed if I don't use the produce washes to get the chemicals off... I'll have a reaction to the fruit. I have energy because of the vitamins I take. Diet helps tremendously. My grandmother has lupus, got off all the meds (of which she was on for YEARS), and treats herself with organic foods and vitamins. She's just now starting to feel normal for the first time in her life.

Another suggestion is look at toxic exposure. Chemicals in food, teeth fillings, air, water, etc. can sometimes build in your body. I've read about one guy who had metal fillings and ate 2-3 cans of tuna a day... ended up with mercury poisoning. Another young college kid took antibiotics from being sick a lot and ended up with big problems. Some people can get sick from moving into a freshly built house where all the chemicals haven't had time to air out.

Read "Never Be Sick Again" by Raymond Francis (a biochemist from MIT with multiple chemical sensitivities and lupus... he was supposed to die and cured himself) if you are going to learn to take charge. Like you, I got tested for addisons, thyroid, and everything else but they could never find out why. It wasn't until my doctor looked at a food diary with reactions she told me to stay away from dairy and gluten. I was wheezing everytime I ate these foods. I'm not allergic, it was just throwing my hypoglycemia off whack which made me wheeze.