PDA

View Full Version : Basil cell removed Feb, still itches!

Legend74
04-16-2007, 06:59 AM
I had a basal cell removed from my back at the beginning of February. The site is still red, a little, and hurts if I press on it. But mostly it just itches randomly almost every day! A friend of mine insists it's just healing, but I'm not sure. I've had plenty of moles removed before that were benign, and they never itched. But this one is totally itching! And I can't figure out why!

Should I go back to the derm and complain? I'd hate to incur further costs for a visit, since I just had a surgery last week and that's going to add up with my post-insurance cost. :(

Linda_in_NJ
04-16-2007, 08:21 AM
After an open wound and or infection, I was told that itching is a sign of healing. I had a basil cell removed and it look horrid for a long time. It does take a long time to heal. Try some cortaid for the itching but if it would make you feel better, you can always call and ask the doctor or nurse. Take care

Ladypepper
04-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Possible that it was 'deeper' and is just taking longer to heal. I would not worry too much yet, it hasn't been that long since it was done. If you are still concerned in a couple months, have it looked at again. If it is still red, it sounds like it isn't done healing and the itching is probably from that.

teachergirl64
05-09-2007, 04:47 AM
I had one removed from my back in February and it still itches, too. I think it is still part of the healing processes. The amount of itching lessens the more time has elapsed. My derm said it would take about 3 months to heal.