View Full Version : Pains all over, don't know what this is

04-25-2007, 03:52 PM
This has been happening fairly recently. It's hard to describe. But I'll get anywhere from sharp to dull pains in my hands, feet, legs, arms, chest, back, pretty much anywhere. Most come briefly and then they go, but sometimes one will linger around in the same spot for a while. I can't tell what causes them. Even more recently I've had more of a constant pain in my legs and feet that just comes and stays for a while and then eventually goes. I'll get it on my thighs when I'm sitting down and at the bottoms of my feet. It's more of a dull pain.

On top of that, I swear I can see more and darker veins in my hands and fingers. Sometimes it's as if they pop out. I don't know what this is or even how to go about describing it to a doctor. I went for a routine physical a little while ago and they did a blood test and everything was normal.

Any ideas? I just want to stop feeling crappy.

04-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Sounds like it could be Fibromyalgia.

04-26-2007, 08:24 AM
I have this too. I've recently, just yesterday actually, went to see an internal medical doctor, he seems like he is willing to help me unlike my last doctor who kept dismissing me as having anxiety. I also run a constant low grade fever and my abdomen seem quite warm compared to the rest of my body. This new doc is running extensive blood and urine testing and doing an ultrasound of my abdomen. I suggest you also see an internest if possible. It isn't normal to have pain according to this doctor so get it checked out even if it seems hard to explain to them, do your best and insist on testing to rule out anything serious.

Good luck,

04-26-2007, 05:46 PM
This may be a stupid question, but what is an internist? Ugh... this is very frustrating and making me anxious.

04-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Not stupid at all. It's a doctor who specializes in internal medicine. In my experience they are more helpful in finding the problem than general or family docs. They are good at diagnosing problems some doctors aren't willing to try and find and then if they need one they'll refer you out to another specialist.

05-04-2007, 10:54 PM
I will look into an internist. I went to the dr last week and the person I saw (I think she was actually a PA) told me to go to a neurologist. After still having symptoms on and off for a week I made an appointment w/ a different person (a dr this time) at the same family practice and she thinks maybe it's Fibromyalgia. But she did some blood work too. Is there a specific test they can do for Fibromyalgia? I'm still going to keep my appointment with the neuro in a few weeks.