PDA

View Full Version : pain in chest etc

fifi7
05-06-2007, 03:07 AM
ok, i have not been able to lie on my left side for about3 years because of pain. also recently my left arm often goes numb and my hand too.

this morning i woke up and couldnt sit up because made it too painful. eventualy got up and when went to walk wen put left foot down caused terrible pain on left side again.

went to hospital and said the pain is a muscle in between ribs just under my heart... definitly muscular they said... but what about all the other pains... is it right?

tis weird i had it soo long...

Nyxie63
05-06-2007, 05:09 AM
Get thee to a proper doctor for a thorough workup. You've been living for 3 years with this pain. Isn't it about time you found out what it really is? Did you suffer an injury that could have precipitated all this?

It could be a lot of things, but you won't know unless you're looked at.

Please keep us posted and let us know what happens. :)

feelbad
05-07-2007, 05:03 AM
I totally agree with the poster above.why have you let this go on for over three years?i would think that sometime during this period of time you would have wanted to know why this pain is actually there?if you cannot even sleep on that side,well something definitely is not right and it is not just with the muslce there.that would not last for three years.considering that you now also have brand new symptoms with one of them being actual numbness.it would most likely indicate a nerve problem,possibly stemming from the spinal area,just when considering how long that left sided pain has been there.this escalation or worsening of symptoms would also fit with a spinal issue as well.you most definitely need this fully evaluated by your doc,and by 'fully' that would also include an MRI done on your lower C spine along with the thorasic too.any number of possibilities could be stemming from those areas that could cause your types of symptoms.something like a herniated disc would play out symptom wise with what you have been actually experiencing for the past three years and with the newer symptoms.

believe me,your symptoms all really sound like spinal/nerve related in nature.if that is the case,the only real way to find out just what the generator is of these would be an MRI.along with a full neuro exam done by your doc as well.i would make that appt as soon as possible since this has already gone on way too long.the thing you have to keep in mind with any actual nerve damage or affectation is the longer a nerve is being affected the more likely it is to become a permanent problem.thats just the way irritated or compressed nerves can be.you just need to find the source,and i would do it from the spinal area first.just make that doc appt today to get the ball rolling.the sooner the better ya know? i wish you luck and hope this isn't a major problem for you.please keep us posted on just what you find out,K? **