PDA

View Full Version : Arms fall asleep with out pressure on them?

oobeans60
05-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Hi all, I'm 27 yrs old, My arms fall asleep at night or when I'm sitting still. I don't sleep on them or cut off circulation by laying on them. Does anyone know what could be causing this and what to do about it. It's not painful but it keeps me up at night. Thanks!

feelbad
05-08-2007, 08:01 AM
since this is bilateral in nature,i would start looking at your spinal areas,namely the c spine area.when any part of our body loses any sort of sensation,you can bet there are nerves involved at some level somewhere.it would be indicated with your symptoms.

i would just see your primary at this point(before actual pain sets in from nerve involvement)for a full evaluation and a possible referral for an MRI of your c spine area.this will also get the upper thorasic areas too.'something' appears to be actually compressing a nerve or nerves somewhere possibly within your lower c spine area and it needs to be identified.this is just the best easiest way to see whats up back there.once you get the results,then your doc can determine a treatment or referral plan.the thing you need to know about any nerve involvement is when they stay compressed or even just irritated,they will eventually cause pain and can even become permanently that way without any intervention.you just need to find the cause of your symptoms,the sooner the better for your nerve recovery.

i do wish you luck with this and please keep me posted as to what you find out,K? **

oobeans60
05-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the information. I sure will and I will keep you posted!