PDA

View Full Version : Bump on buttcheek

NikeShox
05-18-2007, 08:30 AM
I have this bump on the inside of my buttcheek...like it's kinda hidden unless I pull on the cheek and bring it out. It doesn't hurt or bother me at all, but it's been there for a few weeks and doesn't seem to be getting bigger or smaller. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this is, maybe something serious?

Gardener24
05-19-2007, 07:39 PM
It COULD be a lipoma which is just a benign collection of fat cells. They feel kind of soft, though with a distinct shape. I have four different ones - wrist, low butt/thigh, waist, and back. The one on my back sticks out because there's less area to hide in. They're considered harmless, sometimes occur in families (not mine that I know of), sometimes removed but not necessary, and the cause is not known. I noticed the first one at least ten years ago. If it's getting bigger, it's hard to tell. Mine are different sizes, but they don't seem to have changed much from when I originally noticed them.

Hope this helps.

NikeShox
05-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the info. Yeah it sounds like that, it's just soft and kinda offcolored.

Gardener24
05-21-2007, 07:53 PM
It should be soft, move easily when pressed, and not painful. They're usually just under the skin and, therefore, skin colored. If yours is off-color, it's possible that it's something else. You should have it checked either way.

NikeShox
11-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Anyone think this could be a hernia?