PDA

View Full Version : Itchy moles and scar :(

meghan5507
06-06-2007, 09:10 AM
I am 22 years old and about a year ago I had a nurse practionar do surgery on a mole that formed in a week and had puss and bleed. Now the scar is inflamed and is very sensetive and is growing small lumps around it. Plus the moles on my body are starting to itch and grow. I am going to a dermologist. But how concerned should I be about this. :(

Ladypepper
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Was the mole that was removed biopsied? If a biopsy was done and it showed a normal mole, I would not panic but I would still have it re-checked - by a derm!

As for the other moles starting to itch and grow - I am not sure what would cause them all to do that. But any change or growth in a mole should definitely be checked and biopsied.

It is best to get to a derm and have some checking done.

meghan5507
06-06-2007, 12:29 PM
They did boipsy it and they said normal and the hospital did feel it was nessasarly to send it to be checked for cancer. when I went for the follow up to get stitches removed I told them there was still puss coming out and they said it was nothing know I have a quarter size scar that is puffed and growing. How does something grow that fast that was never there and puss and bleed that fast. as for the others I never checked them till they started to itch. and the bubbled out.

homari16
06-07-2007, 06:35 AM
I'm sorry but I have a question for you.I had a mole removed from my scalp aweek ago, it was the size of a sweet pea and ever since they did that my scalp hurts and is sore so I would like to know if that is normal?

Ladypepper
06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry but I have a question for you.I had a mole removed from my scalp aweek ago, it was the size of a sweet pea and ever since they did that my scalp hurts and is sore so I would like to know if that is normal?

I would think it is normal to be sore. Taking a piece of skin out of your body that is the size of a pea isn't like a hang nail or something. I would just make sure it isn't infected. Some soreness is probably very normal. I hope your biopsy comes out fine. :)

meghan5507
06-13-2007, 05:21 AM
it has been a year since mine was remove and the scar is finally starting to heal. it takes time.