PDA

View Full Version : Torn frenulum

zapp7
06-10-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm 21 years old and the other day I was about to intercourse, and my partner wasn't very lubricated. I kind of forced it anyway... and I immediately felt some pain, and afterwards my penis started bleeding around where the frenulum is. I got it to stop. About an hour later I got another erection and my penis started bleeding again.

My frenulum appears to be torn a little bit, but the rest is still attached. I've been researching this subject a lot and all I keep coming across is information on frenulum breve. I'm pretty sure I don't have that as I have never had trouble retracting my foreskin.

I'm just worried that it won't heal properly and that I'll have trouble with sex. I haven't had an erection since then, mostly because I want to try and let it heal first before doing anything. Is this something to really be worried about or should I just wait?

tommy124
06-10-2007, 02:55 PM
This is a really common problem. The frenulum is one of the weaker parts of the human body. It should heal fine if you leave it alone until it is fully healed.
No sex, no masturbation. Otherwise, it has a tendency to tear again.
Once it has healed, it should be stronger. Scar tissue is stronger than skin.
You might want to consider pulling the foreskin all the way forward, if you have one, before entering the vagina. That way, there is some give and take.

zapp7
06-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks tommy, that eases my mind a little!

zapp7
06-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Well, I went and did something stupid. I tried to enter my girlfriend a week afterwards and felt a little bit of pain. I immediately pulled out. There was a tiny bit of blood and that was it. Then 2 weeks afterwards, I was having sex with her, and I could feel a little bit of pain as my skin/frenulum (what is left of it) was being pulled back. I felt the same sharp pain again, and I was bleeding a lot. Upon inspection this morning, it seems as though I tore even more of it.

I've learned my lesson... I'm not going to do anything at all until it is fully healed... but at this point my gf is pressuring me to go to the doctor's. I really don't want to because knowing the doctors in my city they'll just jump to recommend circumcision.

I'm really worried right now... I have doubts as to whether or not it will really heal even if I leave it alone.

tommy124
06-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm glad you acknowledge that you did something stupid.
I did the same thing, when much younger, and was just trying to save you the trouble. Now that you've gone and done it, yes, the key to healing is to leave it alone, no sex, no masturbation, until it is fully healed. If you have the slightest doubt, wait another week or two. It's better than losing your frenulum.

jc13ss
07-20-2007, 03:36 PM
ok i clearly toar my frenulum but now i have a lil part of it that is hanging from the tip should i have this cut off i toar it yesterday and well ya i got this lil pieace hanging