PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Mole

SoccerKrys81
06-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi,
I woke up 2 days ago, with a itching mole, you could still see the little brown mole, but around it the skin was breaking down and bleeding, however now 2 days later, the brown mole part is gone, and I am left with a size of a pencil easer head.. It is still oozing blood, and crusty around it, cannot put bandaid on it, cuz it sticks to it, and then when I take it off bleeds even more... I am only 25yrs, and I am scared it could be something serious.... I called my Dr, and waiting to hear back from them.. Should I be concerned??

~Krystal

Ladypepper
06-13-2007, 12:20 PM
I really can't say for sure - but I would have it looked at as soon as possible. I really cannot tell that it is a mole from the picture. But the fact that the skin around it was changing would make me a little more concerned. I hope you can get it checked soon.

SoccerKrys81
06-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Well I went to Dr, and my Dr is surprised at my mole,, He gave a big term for what he thinks happened,, my body decided it did not like the mole anymore, and attacked it, so the brown mole part is gone,, he was surprised by that,, but said sometimes that can happen,, I do have an infection starting from where my body was attacking mole,, He said moles have good blood supply, that is why it has been bleeding and seeping,, He gave me a strong antibotic cream for 10days, and see what happens,, He is pretty sure it is not cancerous, so that is the best news...

~Krystal

Ladypepper
06-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Yup that is good news. I think you are talking about regression. It is the body taking care of something on it's own...

Is your doctor going to biopsy it? You might want to insist on a biopsy anyway. At least I would - but you have to do what you are comfortable with. Wishing you the best. :)

aimees71
06-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi there. I think you were very wise to get into the doctor as quickly as you did. Ladypepper is right, it may be nothing, but it may be a good idea to have it biopsied just in case. My father had something similar and it was fine. I had a mole showing signs of regression removed, and it came back dysplastic, which is usually fine, but can sometimes turn into something concerning, which is why you may want to ask for biopsy. Good luck!