PDA

View Full Version : Really scared....large, itchy, oozing mole

konamom
06-21-2007, 11:10 AM
My husband has a very large mole on his shoulder that he's had forever. This morning when he woke up and showered, he noticed that it was a bit red and irritated around the mole, and it was also oozing a yellowish bit. After researching, I'm completely freaked and he can't get in to see the doctor until our insurance is in effect (10 more days). Is there anything other than melanoma that could cause this? Thank you.
Peace,
susan

Ladypepper
06-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Yes, it could have been irritated and gotten a bit infected. This doesn't by any means mean it is melanoma. Don't panic. :) Also, 10 days wait is fine - believe me, I waited months for my appts most of the time. :)

The mole itself - does it have any of the ABCDE's of melanoma signs? You can do a search on melanoma and you will get a lot of info but just get the info! Do not get too much into the statistics and stuff - it can scare you and you don't need that.

I hope it is nothing. Wishing him and you the best!

konamom
06-21-2007, 02:34 PM
THANK YOU! I've calmed down a bit. Just a bit! I've also been researching seborrheic keratoses which this could also be. I sure appreciate your response and I'll keep you posted! Great board!
Peace,
Susan