PDA

View Full Version : hair in mole

Gigi
07-18-2007, 09:55 AM
hey guys!! i have this mole that i was born with on my chin, and it grows hair allll the time!! i have to constantly pick them out....ive had docs look at it yearly, and they say it looks fine, but i can get it removed if i wanted too...

i also have whiteheads sometimes in it that can be irratating....i have an appt tomorrow to get it removed once and for all, but im so scared of the test results!! i have issues with test results even if the doctor says i shouldnt be worried....

does my mole sound like something i should be concerned about??

thanks in advance!!

Gigi
07-18-2007, 06:15 PM
anyone:(??

Ladypepper
07-18-2007, 11:51 PM
It really doesn't sound like anything to worry about. What you want to worry about is change and the "abcde's" of skin cancer.

Also, if your doctor feels it is nothing, chances are it isn't. But the fact that you are taking it off and having a biopsy done on it, is good. That was you can put your mind at ease. :)

Gigi
07-19-2007, 05:06 PM
i had my mole removed today..and the doc is almost 100% sure its not melanoma, but he has to biopsy it anyways..(to save himself) lol....i hate waiting for tests results...do you think i should just take his word for it and not worry about it??

help!

wakkochic17
07-20-2007, 11:53 AM
if you were born with it, unless it has changed shape recently, you have nothing to worry about! It's just normal procedure for them to biopsy all moles. I would relax and enjoy being mole free :)