PDA

View Full Version : New moles

happychic80
07-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I've always had moles and have noticed w/in the past year and a half have devoloped lots of new moles. Just on my arms i counted 40 i could see. i've also noticed i'm getting some on my hands, face and stomach which i've never had any in either of those places. Is it common to get/have this many moles?

Ladypepper
08-02-2007, 11:22 AM
I am not sure, if it is happening to you then I guess it is normal. But there is no way for anyone to really be able to know for sure here. If you are concerned about it, it is best to see a derm and let them check them out and see if any are worrisome. They will be able to note them and re-check them later to see if they should be biopsieed.

marymk
08-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Hi happychic80,

I too was concerened about getting new moles. I read online (not a good thing to do), that you shouldn't get new moles after 40, so I freaked out (I'm 49) and went to my Derm showing her some that I never say before. She said that it's normal for some people to get new moles - whatever the age. She also said that I may have never noticed them before (could be true).

Mine are very small and not abnormal looking, so I guess I'm just going to keep an eye on them. Also, you mentioned your hands - I don't know your age, but the hands is a common place for age spots (to me they can look like moles sometimes).

If your concerned, you can get checked out by a Dermatologist, and that will put your mind at ease. Mine is really great about answering all my questions and explaining about different things on the skin.

Mary