PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a punch biopsy before?

Prince31
08-27-2007, 06:56 PM
I went to the derm. for something not related and she found a spot she "didn't like" and did a punch biopsy. She gave me no information at all! I had no idea what to expect. Now I have this round shinny white/pinkish spot where she did the biopsy. It looks worse than the day of. Is this normal? It's been 8 days and the spot looks worse. How long does it take for this to heal? It's not a large spot. It's about the size of a small pea. But it appears to be getting larger and more raw looking.

Thanks.

mwwjgc
08-28-2007, 12:47 PM
I have posted a reply

mwwjgc
08-28-2007, 12:52 PM
I went to the derm. for something not related and she found a spot she "didn't like" and did a punch biopsy. She gave me no information at all! I had no idea what to expect. Now I have this round shinny white/pinkish spot where she did the biopsy. It looks worse than the day of. Is this normal? It's been 8 days and the spot looks worse. How long does it take for this to heal? It's not a large spot. It's about the size of a small pea. But it appears to be getting larger and more raw looking.

Thanks.
Hi There, I've had a punch biopsy, have you had your report back from your doctor,if not I suggest you ring your doctor asap to find out what the biopsy report is without delay. Let me know what the biopsy report said, then I can give you more information.

Prince31
08-28-2007, 10:32 PM
I did, they said it would be another week at least. That's all the info. The doc. never gave me any info as far as what to expect with the biopsy site. I spoke with the nurse today and she said "does it look infected?" and I said "all I can say is it looks larger, white and pink and shinny!" She said "then it's healing!" I don't like this office one little bit! But none the less, the thing looks worse to me!