PDA

View Full Version : Basal cell,possible to regrow?

feelbad
09-08-2007, 08:31 AM
i had what turned out to be a basal cell carcinoma removed from between my shoulderblades way back in 2001?it was actually just a new dark black looking mole that was a different color than my others that made it stand out in the first place.that,and it was new for me.hadn't been there up til i noticed it one day.

my doc did a punch which turned out to be the basal cell type and he went back at it and removed the entire surrounding area.we got totally clean margins according to the path report.soo,everything was fine and it left me with what actually looks like a scarred over bullet hole type thing that filled in with scar tissue eventually.so about six months ago while looking at my upper back for another reason,i see what appears to be something very dark(black?) growing on the bottom part of the scar tissue area.unfortunetly because of the stupid location of this,i cannot get a really close look at it,but honestly it is scaring the crap outta me right now as i am worried that the cancer somehow managed to regrow or something even worse than the basal cell is growing there.

i guess my biggest question for you all is, it possible that a basal cell with clean margins after removal can grow back?or am i actually looking at something worse that could have mutated by like one or two cancer cells that somehow were left behind?i just don't know enough about skin cancer in general to really know if the regrowth would even be possible.its that wonderful fear of the unknown rearing its ugly head here.if anyone has any real knowledge of these things could shed some light on this for me it would make my freaking day.its the fact that this "looks" very similar in color to what was the basal before that really scares me here.i do have a doc appt for my annual paps and check up next week so i will most definitely have him evaluate it,but i just would like some info now if anyone here could help.i really am a bit terrified.on top of other major medical issues i am dealing with right now,i really don't need this,honestly.thanks for listening,Marcia

gardenandcats
09-08-2007, 07:51 PM
You really need to have it looked at.

feelbad
09-09-2007, 07:23 AM
yea,i am having it evaled next fri,or this upcoming friday when i see my doc for my paps.i have just never heard of this ya know?its a bit scarey for me.i just wondered if anyone had ever had this occur or knows why or how this could happen.i am hopeing since i am the 'mole queen" that it is just yet another one with no major problems.the fact that it is growing on scar tissue from the B cell just freaks me out ya know?thanks for replying.Marcia

gardenandcats
09-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Glad your having it checked out. As all your margins came back clean even if it did happen to regrow basel cell skin cancer is usually easily fixed! Let us know how it goes.

feelbad
09-10-2007, 08:19 AM
thanks for the words GC,i will let you know what i find out.marcia