PDA

View Full Version : my sister died, do I send a sympathy card to my mom

Kay4330
10-15-2007, 05:22 AM
my sister died, do I send a sympathy card to my mom or just her children

ICC
10-16-2007, 04:51 AM
Sorry for your loss. I didn't when my sister passed, she comitted suicide. Idid send my mom a card when my dad passed because she had taken such wonderful, endless care of him for 3 years through his illness and I just adored him. I was so grateful for her care of him since I was working FT and ahd 3 kids. I think the decision is yours. There are no rights and wrongs when it comes too offering sympathy.

ICC

kr045
10-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Instead of a sympathy card, how about a simple, "Mom, I'm thinking of you" note if you feel the need to send anything. You are suffering the loss as well, so I would say it's not necessary. However to open the lines of communication, a note to let her know you understand she's suffering as well would certainly not be inappropriate in my opinion.

jsph110
02-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Dear Kay 4330
Sorry to hear about your sister. If you want to send a sympathy card to your mum go ahead and do it if you think it will help. I”ll pray and trust that you and your mother will feel better in no time and come to understand that this life is temporary and soon you’ll be joining her on the other side of eternity.