PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer on nose?

wcatfan
10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
I have had a spot on my nose for about six months. It started out looking like acne, but before I knew it my nose would swell, turn red, and be sore to the touch. Eventually the swelling and soreness would subside, but a small red patch would always remain. This cycle repeated itself several times. Just last month, I was treated for staph infection. The doctor gave me antiobiotics and the swelling (which was present in the nose at the time) subsided, and has not returned. I am still using a topical get on my nose. However, now I've developed nasal drainage and only on the same side as the nose. It's a constant drainage, and now I'm thinking that perhaps a tumor has intruded my nasal passages? Any ideas?

lonershark
11-02-2007, 09:41 PM
I have had a spot on my nose for about six months. It started out looking like acne, but before I knew it my nose would swell, turn red, and be sore to the touch. Eventually the swelling and soreness would subside, but a small red patch would always remain. This cycle repeated itself several times. Just last month, I was treated for staph infection. The doctor gave me antiobiotics and the swelling (which was present in the nose at the time) subsided, and has not returned. I am still using a topical get on my nose. However, now I've developed nasal drainage and only on the same side as the nose. It's a constant drainage, and now I'm thinking that perhaps a tumor has intruded my nasal passages? Any ideas?

have it checked by dermitoligist, if it is cancer, the sooner you seek treatment the better chance of complete cure.