PDA

View Full Version : Husband has another melanoma

cody48
10-30-2007, 11:56 AM
15 years ago my husband had a melanoma that the doctor said was one of the THINNEST he had ever removed, even though it was about the size of a nickel it was very thin, which was good. He has had no further problems until last week. I noticed a dark spot on the back of his knee that I didn't remember seeing before. He went to the doctor last Monday and on Wednesday had a call back saying that it was a PRE-melanoma. Said that is was TRYING to become a problem.

He has an appointment with a surgeon on Nov. 6th and they will excise more of the area. I'm scared to death. The dermatologist he currently has, has never REALLY checked him out as far as I'm concerned and we WILL be seeking a new doctor. I'm just concerned that perhaps there is more to it than he is saying. When you have one melanoma I suppose you are more at risk for more. Things I have read seem to imply that this one COULD be from the older one and that it has spread.

Please say a prayer for him. I know this may seem ridiculous since the doctor said that is hadn't even developed in a ""full-blown" melanoma yet but still I'm scared to death and I believe my husband is concerned just is trying to think positive. Wish I was more of a positive person. Just keep thinking that the first time he was very lucky but who knows this time.

westllen
10-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Many prayers......

I would also have the Dr send your husband for a PETscan. Does he go for regular checkups on a yearly basis??

Hoping for the best.

cody48
10-31-2007, 01:31 PM
Many prayers......

I would also have the Dr send your husband for a PETscan. Does he go for regular checkups on a yearly basis??

Hoping for the best.

Yes, he's great about going annually and even more often if he sees anything that he believes should be taken care of.

Thanks for your prayers.

Boxerluver
11-12-2007, 03:44 PM
I too have had melanoma and this is why it's scary. I would definately recommend that he have a pet scan. I would if there was any sign of another one.

melissa

mcr285
11-15-2007, 10:42 PM
definitely get a PETscan! my dad had absolutely no outward signs of having melanoma a second time (his first was on his back, 7 years before, very thin).... no moles, no swollen lymph nodes, nothing! he just didn't feel right and his back hurt.... well he had stage iv melanoma. follow up care for melanoma is seriously lacking! insist that they do a scan on your husband!

fiona999
11-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Hi i currently have a mole under my left breast, it has been there 5 years. Ihave had no problems with it, no itching, change of colour or size, no ragged edges. I noticed yesterday it was sore when i pressed it, but because it is in such an awkward please on my rib i am not sure if my underwear has been annoying it or not. I was wondering if you had any feedback for me, i was thinking i should maybe just have it removed to be on the safe side and stop me worrying