PDA

View Full Version : skin cancer again????

rose827
12-28-2007, 01:25 PM
I had a bcc frozen off side of nose in 2004. In April 2007 I had a shave biopsy on shoulder (new derm) which turned out to be bcc after a week of waiting. Also a punch biopsy on suspicious mole on breast. Bcc on shoulder was removed and I had about 10 stitches. breast mole biopsy came back as pre-cancerous and all margins on both came back clean. I went back in September for 6 month check up and told my derm about sensitivity on tip of nose when I touch it, or blow my nose, or pull a shirt over my head. Also, since 2005 my derm has been watching an ak under my eye which has gotten larger in size. My derm poked and probed tip of nose saying she's not sure what it is, it's a little red bump, barely noticeable, but it's there. It was hard not breathing as she was poking away zooming in with the headlamp! she told me to come back in 3 months and if it's still there, which it is, she will do a biopsy on that spot as well as under my eye. Now, back in 04 the old derm did a shave biopsy on side of nose, and then froze off the bcc which is why I saught out a new derm as I should've had the mohs procedure. How much will she take off the tip of my nose and the spot under my eye is pink and def. the size of an eraser. I am a teachers assistant and will go to work the next day and want to prepare my students. My derm also noticed that my shoulder cancer removal was very red even after 6 months and gave me curads but that hasn't helped. I don't care about my shoudler, I care about my face. The bcc on side of nose occurred during summer so I was not teaching. But I was still very scared of the sun as I've had too many blistered sunburns to even count. My father has had half his nose removed as has my grandmother who has passed. I'm worried more now than ever. It's my face...and I certainly don't want to sound vain as I don't want to have cancer spread but it seems to be popping up everywhere. thank you

rose827
12-28-2007, 01:30 PM
skin cancer on shoulder was april 2007 not 2006

joybelle108
01-07-2008, 07:32 PM
I had a bcc frozen off side of nose in 2004. In April 2007 I had a shave biopsy on shoulder (new derm) which turned out to be bcc after a week of waiting. Also a punch biopsy on suspicious mole on breast. Bcc on shoulder was removed and I had about 10 stitches. breast mole biopsy came back as pre-cancerous and all margins on both came back clean. I went back in September for 6 month check up and told my derm about sensitivity on tip of nose when I touch it, or blow my nose, or pull a shirt over my head. Also, since 2005 my derm has been watching an ak under my eye which has gotten larger in size. My derm poked and probed tip of nose saying she's not sure what it is, it's a little red bump, barely noticeable, but it's there. It was hard not breathing as she was poking away zooming in with the headlamp! she told me to come back in 3 months and if it's still there, which it is, she will do a biopsy on that spot as well as under my eye. Now, back in 04 the old derm did a shave biopsy on side of nose, and then froze off the bcc which is why I saught out a new derm as I should've had the mohs procedure. How much will she take off the tip of my nose and the spot under my eye is pink and def. the size of an eraser. I am a teachers assistant and will go to work the next day and want to prepare my students. My derm also noticed that my shoulder cancer removal was very red even after 6 months and gave me curads but that hasn't helped. I don't care about my shoudler, I care about my face. The bcc on side of nose occurred during summer so I was not teaching. But I was still very scared of the sun as I've had too many blistered sunburns to even count. My father has had half his nose removed as has my grandmother who has passed. I'm worried more now than ever. It's my face...and I certainly don't want to sound vain as I don't want to have cancer spread but it seems to be popping up everywhere. thank you

I understand your worries especially with the problem being on your face. I just had surgery for scc on my nose. Got the stitches out today and am taking things pretty easy for the rest of this week. I've read that anytime we have skin cancer, there is always a likelihood it will occur again. The most important thing is to deal with it quickly. The sooner the better. It means less invasive surgery, shorter healing time and a happier patient! If you find a doctor you trust and feel comfortable with, just let them guide you the process and try to relax. Treatment today is much better and the results are much improved also, especially in regards to the face. I've also found that using bare minerals makeup (after things have healed up) helps with my appearance. It is a great way to cover up all those little spots, blemishes and any scars that might be a problem for us. We all want to put our best face forward, right? ;) Hang in there and keep us updated.

Blessings,
Joybelle

Moldova
01-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Rose,
I understand your concern since I am going now through a tough time too. I had BCC on a top of my nose and DR prescribed treatment with the cream (works exactly like radiatiation). I am finishining my 3 weeks tomorrow and it needs to heal for another month or even two, depends.
Right now it looks bad: bloody, ulcerated, red and inflammed. But I just pray that all Bcc is gone, and never comes back.
I had bcc removed from my leg 4 years ago, that one they freeze. So far so good.
I had probably 15 moles removed already, some of them were changed already, but all bcc.
I guess i pay now for my fair skin and blistering sun burn many times when I was young. But this all started couple of month after I went to the tanning salon maybe 10 times before my vacation (never again). Who knows?