PDA

View Full Version : Rice diet

Hillbillio
04-07-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm over-weight. I bought a rice cooker. I know rice is high in carbs, but I plane on eating only long grain brown rice with chicken, fish, or pork mixed into it along with vegies and spices.
I got the idea because I know asians build their diets around rice and they are
mostly fit people.
I'm curious to know if this is going to do me more harm than good since I am already fat and this diet as a high carb ratio.

Thanks

rheanna
04-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Hillbillio,

You are probably better off with brown rice rather than white, since brown rice has extra fiber which will slow down the digestion and thereby slow down the blood sugar spikes. It will keep you satisfied longer than white rice, so you're not running to the snack supply so quickly.

Everyone is different in regards to how much carbs are appropriate for them. My suggestion is to emphasize the veggies in the meal, so that you fill up on them, allowing you to eat smaller amounts of the rice and meat.

It sounds like you are doing some thinking about how to eat a nutritious diet. This is a good start!

--Rheanna

Hillbillio
04-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm trying. I'm 28 in a few days. I want to be healthy and happy by the time Im 30. This was my first step.