PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had a skin cancer on the back of the hand?

sunshine123
04-14-2008, 02:37 PM
I had what looks like a small, white, raised scab on the back of my left hand. Since I've had skin cancers before, I'm assuming that's what it is this time too. I had the biopsy this morning and will be waiting for the results which I should have within 2 weeks. Anyone else had a skin cancer on their hand? If so, did you have a shave biopsy for diagnosis? What was the next step if all of the cancer wasn't removed during the biopsy? :confused:

sudo59
04-15-2008, 05:26 AM
I have not, but I just wanted to wish you luck on your biopsy. Please keep us posted on what you learn.

Mary

sunshine123
04-15-2008, 06:37 AM
Thanks sudo. I'll definitely post when I find out. Sue

sunshine123
04-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi all: I just heard from the Dermatologist and it was only a pre-cancerous sun spot, so I don't have to go back as he got it all out. Thank God. I'm so relieved!!!! This makes up for the basal cell carcinoma I had removed from my lip 3 years ago!!!! I had to have Mohs surgery that time. I hope things are going well for the rest of you!!!!!! Sue :)

sudo59
04-17-2008, 05:27 AM
Hi all: I just heard from the Dermatologist and it was only a pre-cancerous sun spot, so I don't have to go back as he got it all out. Thank God. I'm so relieved!!!! This makes up for the basal cell carcinoma I had removed from my lip 3 years ago!!!! I had to have Mohs surgery that time. I hope things are going well for the rest of you!!!!!! Sue :)

What great news! I am so happy for you. I'm awaiting news myself on a mole that was removed on Monday from my back. I pray I have the good results you did.

Mary

sunshine123
04-17-2008, 06:45 AM
Thanks Mary. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! Hugs, Sue

sunshine123
05-22-2008, 03:53 PM
The precancerous growth on the back of my hand is back one month after the Dermatologist removed it with a scalpel. I'm really annoyed that I have to pay to have it removed again. I was so glad to have it gone the first time and now it looks exactly how it looked before he removed it. He had told me to call him if it came back, so I did and am having it taken care of next week. This Dr. is supposed to be one of the best, but you could have fooled me!!!!!:(