PDA

View Full Version : Itching mole and Scared of Removal

Dark_Light
04-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Hi,

I new to this section of the boards. I am very worried and stressed of an old mole on my back that I have had before my teens, I am now 25. A few weeks back I had an allergy and was itching all over including on the mole, it stopped for a week and now the mole is itching again,and I accidentally scratched and made it bleed. The bleeding has stopped. The mole has always been slightly raised and is under 6mm. I ma half Asian so I have fair brown skin, and I never exposed my back to the sun. I am so scared of having it removed. I am petrified to be honest and of needles. Can anyone tell me of their experiences and if it hurts. My Gran had to have a type of skin cancer removed, she is white and it was cancerous, the best kind to have. I saw the whole procedure and I felt sick, she said the local aneastehtic they injected, hurt.

I am so scared, I've lost my appetite and I just want to cry. I see my GP tomorrow and see will let me know.

sudo59
04-28-2008, 05:04 AM
Try to relax. You'll be fine. I know how you are feeling and I also know it doesn't help the outcome.

I recently had a mole removed from my back as well, and I am waiting for the results. Having it removed really did not hurt at all. Honestly, it was over before I knew I knew it.

Good Luck, I wish you well.

Mary

Dark_Light
04-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Hi Mary,

Thank you for replying. I am afraid of needles, hospitals and pain! Did they just remove it or did they sort of scope it out deep to ensure they removed it all?

I hope you get good results
:)

sudo59
04-29-2008, 04:57 AM
I really don't know what they did. It was a quick little shot, felt like no more than a pinch, then by the time I asked how it was going they were done! It literally did not take but maybe 2-3 minutes from start to finish, I did not feel them removing the mole AT ALL!

Please, go have it removed, the key to treating skin cancers is treating them early! Now, that is not in any way to say that YOU have skin cancer, I'm just saying, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Go get it done, and come back here and tell us how it went.

Mary

Dark_Light
04-29-2008, 06:48 AM
You have made me feel better, because when i saw my gran have it done, it did take a while. But tonight I see my GP and she will probably refer me to the hospital to get it removed. If you say it doesn't hurt, then I won't be so scared. But I am sure they will have to cut/remove deep.

I hate all this, so much is going on, one thing after the other. I am currently recovering from surgery and I'm using crutches. I just want to be 'free'!

But thank you for the peace of mind.

:)

Dark_Light
04-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Hi,

I went to the GP, and he said I need to see a dermotologist to get it removed. I can't help feeling scared. I hope they numb me before I get injected. I hate this feeling, it's so hard to be brave and strong. I am petrified of the procedure, I am not even thinking about the results.

I just want this to all end :(

Dark_Light
05-06-2008, 07:02 AM
I'm still waiting for the letter from the hospital. The redness around the mole is fading, I think it was a one-off itch, which caused it to go red. It hasn't itched since.