PDA

View Full Version : skin graft on nose driving me nuts

mdctlew
05-20-2008, 07:21 AM
HI I had some squamous cell removed in feb . I had a skin graft . skin taken from neck . it is fine
however my nose is driving me crazy . its healing ok but I can feel my skin pulling . although I cannot feel it .. it feels weird .
is this normal ?

sudo59
05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Sorry to hear your having a problem with that. I have not had that procedure, I had Mohs for BCC. I just wanted to tell you I hope you feel better soon.

Mary

beaddazzled
05-27-2008, 03:33 PM
It is normal. It takes a while for your nerves to degenerate. I had basil cell five years ago on my left nostril. It just about took over my whole nostril. Moh's surgery was done then plastic surgery. They took skin from my crease on the side of my mouth(cheek-the crease that forms when you smile). He figured as I age the scar will be minimal. He was right! It was a long process, I had 1 major surgery with the skin graft, then a couple more just to make it look good. There were times for a while that when I touched my nose I felt it on my cheeck and vice versa. You can barely tell, unless I tell someone then they are shocked. I was blessed to have gotten a great plastic surgeon.
I hope the rest of your recovery goes well. :angel:
Michelle