PDA

View Full Version : Little mole...itchy and scabby?

Post-It
05-24-2008, 08:17 PM
hello all, hope you can bear with me... I'm a bit panicked right now and need some answers.

I am very fair skinned and always wear long-sleeves/sunscreen... you know the drill. I have a tiny mole - maybe the size of the tip of a pen on my forearm. This mole has had a hair growing out of it for as long as I can remember...maybe 8 years now since I first noticed it. Periodically I remove the hair by tweezers or trimming it down.

Last week I was scratching my arm a lot and thought perhaps my mole was itchy. Later on I realized I had a bug bite near the mole. The itching didn't last more than a day, but as you can imagine scratching a raised mole didn't really help it. I hadn't even thought about it again until tonight when I looked at it, and picked at it a bit and the top of the mole came completely off! It started to bleed a little... it wouldn't have bled if I hadn't taken the mole off. Ugh.

I am planning on calling a dermatologist ASAP just to cover my bases, but I just wanted to know if I should be concerned. It has not changed shape or size or color at all ever since it emerged many years ago. I am just a little scared since the wonders of the internet, and bleeding moles are a sign to be worried. :(

sudo59
05-26-2008, 06:16 AM
Relax, if there is one thing I learned with dealing with my basal cell carcinoma it's this, worrying didn't help one darn bit.

You are doing the right thing by having it checked out. I'll be thinking about you and sending good vibes your way.

Please let us know what you find out.

Mary