PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for biopsy results?

martinshun
07-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi snbwcb,
I had a weird looking mole biopsied on 7/9, deep excision. I have stitches on inside and out..finally took bandage off today. Was wondering if you had heard some good news yet. I'm still waiting myself. Sounds like we are very similar with light hair, light eyes, light skin but I do tan...I do have skin cancer in family but not Melanoma and I'm pretty sure that is what my Dr. suspected. Very anxiously awaiting no phone call...the nurse said if I hadn't heard from them by Thursday that everything is probably fine but that I can call at 1:30 pm on Thursday for Peace of mind...you know I'll be calling!!! ;)
Best Wishes! Kim

snbwcb
07-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi snbwcb,
I had a weird looking mole biopsied on 7/9, deep excision. I have stitches on inside and out..finally took bandage off today. Was wondering if you had heard some good news yet. I'm still waiting myself. Sounds like we are very similar with light hair, light eyes, light skin but I do tan...I do have skin cancer in family but not Melanoma and I'm pretty sure that is what my Dr. suspected. Very anxiously awaiting no phone call...the nurse said if I hadn't heard from them by Thursday that everything is probably fine but that I can call at 1:30 pm on Thursday for Peace of mind...you know I'll be calling!!! ;)
Best Wishes! Kim

I did get my results, and unfortuntely, I do have melanoma. I have appt tomrrow with teh oncologist and surgeon. Don't knwo much now. It was very scary to hear the news. Still getting used to the idea. I have 3 small children, one newborn, which makes this even harder. I had some other suspected melanomas removed yesterday. I just pray they weren't melanoma too. Hopefully the one on my arm is the only one!
Did you get your results?

martinshun
07-17-2008, 09:27 PM
I am so sorry for your bad news. So you don't know what stage or much else yet? I had prepared (and scared) myself by searching and educating myself for the worst case scenario. It can definitely be overwhelming by looking up anything on the internet but if your like me you torture yourself anyway. I can't image what your going through emotionally and all I can offer is prayer (which I believe strongly in). I have been reading through the boards while awaiting my results and there seem to be a lot of caring, experienced people here to help you through any questions you might forget to ask the doctor. As far as mine, it was mild-atypia with clear margins which meant precancerous but they removed it all and I go back in 6 months. However, I'm still covered in what I consider suspicous moles (over 100) so I don't know that I'll ever completely relax and I will definitely keep my appointments from now on. I hope your appointment goes the best possible that it can. If you ever just need to talk or vent please don't hesitate to contact me. Kim