PDA

View Full Version : itching mole on my back

Peggy3522
08-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Over the past several months, I have noticed a mole that itches and is raised above the surface. This evening, it itched so badly, I thought it was a tick and scratched it trying to determine what it was. Then, I went to my husband to see if it was a tick, and he said it did not look like a tick, but it was bleeding.

It bleed quite a bit and we put alcohol on it and a bandaid, but it still itches. Should I call my doctor tomorrow or is this probably just a mole I tore open?

Thank you very much.

leea1206
09-03-2008, 10:56 AM
My brother did have an itching mole on his back as well and he was diagnosed with melanoma. - That doesn't mean what you have is melanoma, but I would certainly check it out. I think an itchy mole is one symptom of a possible melanoma.

Leea

G8r4evr
09-15-2008, 06:08 PM
I think you should get any mole that itches checked out. I just did and it came back ok, but itching is one of the signs of a suspicious mole, so I would play it safe = )

mahnee
09-16-2008, 10:15 AM
You probably should have it checked. Any changes should be noted and checked. Hopefully it is just a mole that is irritated - but sometimes it better to be safe than sorry.

redherb
10-10-2008, 12:36 AM
I agree that itching moles should be checked up immediately just to be safe