PDA

View Full Version : Bangs make us look younger

bride527
08-30-2008, 04:15 PM
I am 56 years old and my hair is straight and very silky. I am lucky because it still shines, thank goodness for my hair dresser who gives me great color. The length is to my shoulders and I haven't had bangs in years. I recently had her cut full bangs and I can't believe the responses I have been getting. Everyone is telling me I look 10 years younger! I think i should have done the bangs a long time ago.....My hair has alot of red in it and I am thinking of going back to a light brown and adding red highlights for the fall........any comments??? bride527

tUrRrRa
08-31-2008, 07:51 PM
I've heard this too! Getting bangs is a good way to look younger. Of course you have to get the right kind of bangs that look flattering with your face. I used to have these awful bangs back at the beginning of high school that I would curl with a large curling iron. At the time, I thought they looked great! Yikes! I'm young now and in my early 20's, but I love side swept bangs and will probably get them again when the weather gets cooler here. Sometimes my hair looks plain without them since I no longer get highlights and it's just one color. I also love lots of long layers and to have it angled around my face. I know many people that look good with this style and it's so easy to fix.

Mel52
09-03-2008, 06:20 PM
I would love to cut bangs. My hair is almost down to my waist, dark brown. I agree that bangs give a younger appearance. Unfortunately, I have too many hot flashes and my bangs would curl. Darn!