PDA

View Full Version : Pet Scan for Metastatic Cutaneous Melanoma

gaguyo
09-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi,
I have metastatic cutaneous melanoma. After 6 years in remission, the melanoma came back now in different parts of my skin. I was supposed to have 6 cycles of biochemotherapy but only had four because I was getting very sick after the treatments and the tumors were not shrinking. I had those tumors removed with surgery and was scheduled for a pet scan. I went for the test yesterday, and after the pet scan was done, the tech asked me if I had something in my pocket and I told her that I didn't have any pockets. She then asked me where did I get the injection, I showed her where and asked why did she want to know, and if the test had shown something. She said no, that she thought I had something in my pocket. I have had several pet scans before and never been asked that. Now I am very scared and worried. I have two little babies and want to see them grow up. Does anybody know what this could mean?

sudo59
09-08-2008, 06:21 AM
I don't have any answers for you, I just wanted to say I hope everything turns out okay and try not to worry too much, worrying never helps anything.

Please keep us posted.

gaguyo
09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Thank u, tomorrow I'll know the results of the pet scan. I am hoping everything comes back negative.

sudo59
09-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Any word yet, I'm thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

mahnee
09-11-2008, 10:26 AM
I hope that is well. Just wanted to let you know that PET scans can have a lot of false positive readings.

I was told that if I were to do anything strenuous prior to the scan, it could cause a false reading. So there are many reasons that it could have lit up or showed a reaction in a certain area.

Try not to stress about it too much. I hope all is well. :)

gaguyo
09-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Thank u sudo 59 and mahnee for your concern. I am very happy to tell you that the scan came back negative. When the doctor gave me the news I cried. I was very afraid that the melanoma had come back. I thank God for giving me more time here with my children.

sudo59
09-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh I am so happy for you! I almost cried just reading this and I don't even know you! I am so so very happy, I think you should give your kids a hug and kiss and get on with your life!

Bless you...

Mary

gaguyo
09-12-2008, 11:40 PM
God bless you too Mary, I will give lots of kisses and hugs to my kids every chance I get!! Thanks!!